Wigdor LLP is looking forward to celebrating its 16th year as the top Employment Litigation Law Firm.
2017 has been a very successful year at Wigdor LLP. Wishing you a happy holiday and New Year. We are pleased to share with you some of our most notable achievements.
This year, we have been honored with many awards, which further strengthens our position as a leader in the employment litigation field. Wigdor LLP has a wide array of talented attorneys, many of whom have received various awards and accolades, including:
- Best Lawyers – Mr. Wigdor has been listed in “Best Lawyers in America” for the tenth consecutive year.
- Best Law Firms – Wigdor LLP has been awarded “Best Law Firm” for 2017.
- Super Lawyers – Firm Partners Douglas H. Wigdor and Lawrence M. Pearson have been listed as “Super Lawyers” for the 2017 calendar year.
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars – Firm Partner David E. Gottlieb, Senior Associates Tanvir H. Rahman, Renan F. Varghese, and Michael J. Willemin, and Associates Bryan L. Arbeit and Elizabeth J Chen have been listed as “Super Lawyers Rising Stars” for the 2017 calendar year.
- Lawyers at Wigdor LLP have appeared on major television and radio programs such as Good Morning America, Megyn Kelly Today, CNN, BBC, NBC, Bloomberg TV, NPR, and others, discussing sexual harassment and gender discrimination.
- Successful resolution of over $100 million in discrimination, harassment, and wage and hour claims.
- Wigdor LLP won a jury verdict of $1,126,000 for our client Jennifer Sharkey in her Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower retaliation case against JPMorgan Chase.
- Wigdor LLP won $1,234,000 for our clients in a gender motivated violence lawsuit against former professional rugby player Matthew Lodge.
- In the long-running pregnancy discrimination case against America’s oldest Jewish congregation Shearith Israel, Wigdor LLP prevailed when the Second Circuit Court of Appeals vacated a lower court’s dismissal of the case.
- Representation of former New York Knicks player and NBA All-Star Charles Oakley in a closely-watched defamation lawsuit against James Dolan and Madison Square Garden.
- Representation of numerous women in harassment and gender discrimination cases in various industries, including law, finance, and technology.
- Successful representation and resolution of numerous television personalities, news anchors, and other media employees and executives, in discrimination, harassment and contract claims against their employers and others individually responsible.
- Successful representation and resolution of numerous Wall Street executives against their employers in pregnancy discrimination, gender discrimination, race discrimination and Family Medical Leave Act cases.
- Successful representation and resolution of numerous other professionals, including lawyers, in claims against their employers and partnerships.
- Representation of a group of employees in a race and age class action against the New York Times.
The Firm is pleased to announce that Michael J. Willemin has been promoted to Partner. Additionally, Bryan L. Arbeit and Elizabeth J. Chen have been promoted to Senior Associate. Congratulations!
Wigdor LLP held a press conference that received widespread media coverage on April 26, 2017 on behalf of 13 clients in a racial discrimination lawsuit against Fox News.
A defamation lawsuit filed by Wigdor LLP on behalf of Rod Wheeler against Fox News was the top trending global news story on August 1, 2017.
Mr. Wigdor spoke in front of Parliament and met with British regulatory agencies to raise issues concerning Fox’s proposed takeover of Sky News.
Wigdor LLP filed a proposed Class Action in the Northern District of California on behalf of women sexually harassed and/or sexually assaulted by their Uber drivers.
A Federal Judge issued a groundbreaking opinion in a lawsuit filed by Wigdor LLP, stating that an employer can’t use a confidentiality agreement from a previous lawsuit to shield itself from future liability a different discrimination claim.