Jeanne M. Christensen is a Partner at Wigdor LLP. Ms. Christensen concentrates her practice in class and collective actions on behalf of plaintiffs in employment and consumer cases. In addition to wage and hour collective actions, her experience includes discrimination and harassment cases brought on a class wide basis. She also practices in the area of federal consumer protection law, including unfair trade, unlawful debt collection and consumer fraud matters. Ms. Christensen has successfully arbitrated numerous matters on behalf of securities industry professionals and defrauded consumers before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Ms. Christensen represents clients from a wide variety of professions including, but not limited to, the financial services industry, restaurant and hospitality industry, and corporate entities.
Ms. Christensen has featured in many prominent newspaper articles, including but not limited to, The Guardian newspaper, the Daily Mail, The Recorder, the Daily Telegraph, the BBC, ABC.net, CNET, the Chicago Tribune, Times of India, Reuters, and Time Magazine.
Ms. Christensen has successfully litigated multiple consumer and employment class actions, including cases against Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, Chase, UBS and TD Bank. Recently, as lead counsel, she obtained a jury verdict in a federal trial on behalf of former employees against an upscale Manhattan restaurant. In addition to extensive experience representing plaintiffs, her past experience includes insurance defense litigation in commercial and employment matters.
Experience and Types Of Cases
Ms. Christensen has been involved in the litigation of many large, complex and high profile matters including:
- Lead counsel in class action representing thousands of residential tenants against international real estate developer;
- Class action against national retailer on behalf of minority consumers alleging systemic racial profiling;
- Lead counsel in three class actions against national parking garage companies on behalf of individuals whose vehicles were destroyed during Hurricane Sandy;
- Represented consumers in breach of contract claims against major financial institution; and
- Represented female employees with pregnancy discrimination claims against major companies and institutions.
Ms. Christensen is currently representing clients in the following actions:
- Nationwide class action against cosmetics giant Sephora on behalf of Asian customers – Lee et al. v. Sephora USA, Inc. et al.;
- Sexual assault action on behalf of two women who were allegedly sexually assaulted by their Uber drivers – Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2 v. Uber Technologies, Inc.; and
- A vicious and violent attack by a professional rugby player on three innocent victims – Joseph Cartright, Ruth Fowler and Carolin Dekeyser v. Matthew Lodge.
Currently, Ms. Christensen is a member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates and Public Justice.
Ms. Christensen received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Maryland School Of Law, where she was the Manuscripts Editor of the Maryland Law Review. She graduated with a B.A. in History and Economics, cum laude, from the University of Vermont.
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Southern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Eastern District of New York
- Member of the bar of the state of New York and Maryland