Monica Hincken is Of Counsel at Wigdor LLP. Prior to joining Wigdor, Monica practiced at a boutique employment law firm on Long Island for almost ten years. Monica’s trial verdicts and confidential settlements total tens of millions of dollars.
She has represented clients in high-profile sexual harassment, sexual assault, and employment discrimination matters. She was recently part of the trial team that represented a plaintiff in a pay discrimination lawsuit against a large hotel chain which resulted in a $25.1 million verdict for the plaintiff.
Monica has frequently represented both individuals and groups of employees alleging race discrimination against large national and multinational companies. She has represented groups of former oil and gas workers, multiple groups of manufacturing employees, a group of sanitation employees, and groups of fabrication workers alleging racially hostile work environments.
Monica has also advised individuals in various wage-and-hour matters.
- Jury award of $25.1 million in pay discrimination lawsuit against a national hotel chain on behalf of a former director of food and beverage
- Obtained a $2.235 million settlement in a class action lawsuit against a high-profile actor and his former film school
- Settled a racial discrimination lawsuit against a national food company for $4 million in partnership with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Obtained a settlement for nearly $2 million in a race discrimination lawsuit against a construction engineering company on behalf of 15 employees
- Represented the former assistant of a high-profile musician in a lawsuit alleging sexual discrimination and sexual assault
- Disability discrimination lawsuit representing a former employee of a well-known tattoo artist denied accommodations after requesting compliance with the Covid-19 protocols required by law
- Settled a racial discrimination and retaliation lawsuit against a national manufacturing firm on behalf of dozens of current and former employees
- Race discrimination lawsuit on behalf of 26 individuals against a multi-national food company
Monica is a member of the Legal Network for Gender Equity providing free legal consultations to individuals who have experienced sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace.
Monica has been selected by Super Lawyers as a New York Metro Rising Star from 2018–2023.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York