On Monday, July 8, 2019, Wigdor LLP Partners David E. Gottlieb and Lawrence M. Pearson were interviewed by Eric Lesh, Executive Director of the LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York (LeGal), about the Firm’s LGBTQ+ discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases on the LeGal LGBT Podcast.
The podcast episode, titled “LGBTQ Workplace Fairness from the Litigator’s POV,” included a discussion of the Firm’s high-profile cases, including a discrimination, defamation and breach of contract lawsuit against novelist Nicholas Sparks, and a lawsuit against Goldman Sachs alleging sexual orientation discrimination and retaliation.
Mr. Gottlieb and Mr. Pearson also discussed a range of other topics related to LGBTQ+ inclusion, including:
- How to prepare plaintiffs to go public with LGBTQ+ discrimination claims;
- The effect of arbitration agreements on LGBTQ+ equality;
- Intersectionality in LGBTQ+ discrimination lawsuits;
- The potential impact of the Supreme Court’s impending ruling on three Title VII LGBTQ+ discrimination cases; and
- Ripple effects of the #MeToo movement on other types of discrimination claims.