SAGAR K. SHAH
Sagar K. Shah is Of Counsel at Wigdor LLP. Mr. Shah has over 14 years of industry experience representing clients in employment discrimination, business litigation, and sexual abuse cases. He is well versed in handling all stages of employment litigation from inception through trial and appeals.
Mr. Shah has successfully represented hundreds of individuals in discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration. Additionally, Mr. Shah has successfully resolved hundreds of cases through mediation and settlement conferences.
Mr. Shah joined Wigdor LLP in April 2022 after serving as a Senior Associate in the Litigation Practice Group of Eisenberg and Baum, LLP. In addition, Mr. Shah has practiced in Philadelphia where he worked on cases for a defense firm, giving him valuable insight into how corporate defendants think and act during litigation.
Mr. Shah has years of experience representing a variety of clients in the employment field, in both state and federal court.
Mr. Shah has represented clients in gender, race, national origin, age, disability, and religious discrimination matters. He has also represented individuals in a handful of whistle-blower and wage and hour matters. Mr. Shah’s practice is focused on cases involving individual claims brought under Title VII, Section 1981 of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). A large amount of Mr. Shah’s cases have resulted in confidential settlements.
While the vast majority of matters handled by Mr. Shah have resulted in confidential settlements, some of Mr. Shah’s notable cases include:
- Represented 17 workers at a prominent spa in a race and age discrimination lawsuit;
- Represented 6 individuals claiming race discrimination against a large construction company;
- Handled sexual harassment claims against a series of restaurants;
- Achieved a multi-million-dollar verdict for a single plaintiff;
- Represented an employee for their claims of sexual harassment against a worldwide coffee shop;
- Sexual harassment and retaliation claims against big box electronics on behalf of individual;
- Race discrimination lawsuit on behalf of several individuals against high end fashion house;
- Sexual harassment and discrimination lawsuit against a celebrity chef on behalf of former employees;
- Age discrimination case representing former employees of a luxury hotel;
- Represented numerous employees at various levels against retail employers for harassment and discrimination claims
Mr. Shah received his Juris Doctor from Temple University. He received his B.S. in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania
Mr. Shah is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, as well as the U.S. District Courts for Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the District of New Jersey.