Wigdor LLP is looking forward to celebrating its 17th year as the top Employment Litigation Law Firm.
We are delighted to announce that 2018 has been the Firm’s most successful year to date.
Wishing you a happy holiday and New Year. We are pleased to share with you a selection of Firm announcements and notable achievements from the past 12 months.
Wigdor LLP Now Represents Victims of Sexual Harassment & Discrimination in South Florida
Wigdor LLP is now available for consultation in offices in downtown Miami (at 1221 Brickell Avenue) and offers legal representation to those in the South Florida community who have been victims of sexual harassment, discrimination and other types of work-related claims. Visit miamiemploymentattorneys.com to learn more.
Announcing a Brand New Website for Wigdor LLP Founding Partner
Douglas H. Wigdor
Visit douglaswigdor.com to learn more about Mr. Wigdor’s impressive career achievements as one of the leading attorneys in the United States for sexual harassment, discrimination, wage and hour and other employment-related claims.
New York Law Journal Publishes Wigdor LLP’s Generous 2018 Associate Year-end Bonus Scale
“My Partners and I thought it was appropriate to share in the firm’s incredibly successful year. We have a dedicated and talented group that enables us to litigate against the most powerful and largest law firms and companies around the world,” said Wigdor LLP Founding Partner Douglas H. Wigdor.
This year, we have been honored with many awards, which further strengthens our position as a nationwide leader in the employment litigation field:
- Most Feared in Litigation Award – Wigdor LLP was the only plaintiffs’ employment law firm to be recognized in a recent study on the most fearsome litigation firms in the United States.
- Best Lawyers in America® – Founding Partner Douglas H. Wigdor and Partner Lawrence M. Pearson have been honored in the Best Lawyers in America® 2019 rankings for the practice area of Labor and Employment Litigation. Mr. Wigdor has been recognized in the Best Lawyers® rankings for 12 years in a row.
- Best Law Firms – Wigdor LLP has been awarded “Best Law Firm” for 2018 in the area of Employment Law – Individuals.
- Super Lawyers – Founding Partner Douglas H. Wigdor and Partner Lawrence M. Pearson have been listed as “Super Lawyers” for the 2018 calendar year.
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars – Partners David E. Gottlieb and Michael J. WIllemin, Senior Associates Tanvir H. Rahman, Renan F. Varghese and Bryan L. Arbeit, and Associate Kenneth D. Walsh have been listed as “Super Lawyers Rising Stars” for the 2018 calendar year.
- Law360 Rising Stars – Partner Michael J. Willemin was selected as a Law360 Employment Rising Star, a highly competitive award that is reserved for the top U.S. employment attorneys under age 40.
- Lawdragon Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers in America – Founding Partner Douglas H. Wigdor was honored as one of the leading plaintiff employment lawyers in the Country by Lawdragon. Mr. Wigdor also appeared in a Lawdragon feature profile recognizing him as a leader in #MeToo litigation.
- The Firm has amassed over $1 Billion in trial verdicts, arbitration awards and settlements.
- Lawyers at Wigdor LLP have appeared on major television and radio programs such as Good Morning America, Access Hollywood, Megyn Kelly Today, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, NBC News, ABC News, CBS News, the BBC, Bloomberg TV, NPR, and others, discussing sexual harassment and gender discrimination.
- Wigdor LLP attorneys have been quoted as legal experts in leading national publications such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The New Yorker, TIME Magazine, U.S. News, Bloomberg, Reuters, Business Insider, Huffington Post, Law360 and many more.
- Firm attorneys gave lectures and seminars at conferences throughout the Country focused on key employment law issues such as sexual harassment, equal pay, mandatory arbitration, wage and hour issues and more.
- Wigdor LLP won a default judgment of over $1,340,000 for Firm client Elaine Gutierrez in her sexual harassment and retaliation case against New York’s so-called “Taxi King” and his company, Taxi Club Management.
- Wigdor LLP won a favorable arbitration award dismissing breach of contract and unjust enrichment claims brought by an employer who claimed that the Firm’s client was terminated for cause, and therefore had to repay approximately $2.5 million in incentive compensation plus interest, attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Representation of multiple alleged victims of sexual misconduct by disgraced film mogul Harvey Weinstein.
- Representation of numerous victims of discrimination, unequal pay, sexual harassment and sexual assault in some of the most prominent #MeToo cases on Wall Street.
- Representation of former New York Knicks player and NBA All-Star Charles Oakley in a closely-watched defamation lawsuit against James Dolan and Madison Square Garden.
- Representation of legendary sportscaster Warner Wolf in his wrongful termination lawsuit against retired shock jock Don Imus.
- Representation of former sports anchor Adrienne Lawrence in her sexual harassment and retaliation lawsuit against ESPN.
- Representation of former MLB Advanced Media (“BAM”) executive in his breach of contract lawsuit against BAM and BAMTech.
- Successful representation of numerous fashion industry and retail employees in sexual harassment and discrimination cases.
- Successful representation of numerous women in sexual harassment, gender and pregnancy discrimination cases in various other industries, including law, medicine, technology, architecture and real estate.
- Successful representation and resolution of numerous television personalities, news anchors, and other media employees and executives, in discrimination, harassment and contract claims against their employers and others individually responsible.
- Successful representation and resolution of numerous Wall Street executives against their employers in pregnancy discrimination, gender discrimination, race discrimination and Family and Medical Leave Act cases.
- Successful representation and resolution of numerous other professionals, including lawyers, in claims against their employers and partnerships.
- Representation of consumers in multiple class action lawsuits against New York Sports Clubs’ parent company, Town Sports International, alleging deceptive business practices.
- Representation of a group of employees in a gender discrimination case against the New York Times.